Thursday, March 20, 2008

What happened to the Smith's?

I was reading this blog about a family with 3 kids who moved to Merida from Scottsdale for 2 months.  It was a great blog with beautiful photography.  In the last post, they were getting ready to go look at some real estate in Merida, since they were planning on moving there.  This last post was dated October 24, 2006.  

It was the last post, except for a quick update saying they were all well and back in Scottsdale.

What happened????  Did they buy a place?  How did they manage going home?  How did the kids feel about going home to the States??

I was horribly disappointed to find out after searching all over their site to find the next post that there wasn't another one!  It was like watching a really good tv show and then you get those dreaded words across the screen...

To be contined...

I was really interested in this blog because they had 3 kids with them, and it's the only blog I've been able to find written by folks who have their young children with them.  

Now I just feel so......  let down....  :)

If anyone knows whatever became of the Smith Family, I'd sure love to know!

5 comments:

Theresa in Mèrida said...

I don't think that they came back to Merida. I met a couple of the family members at a friend's house, but I haven't seen them around since then,
There are lots of people (expat)here with kids, but most of them don't blog.
regards,
Theresa

Beth said...

Thanks Theresa! It's a shame they didn't return. They seemed to be enjoying everything so much! I was rooting for them and didn't want to see them get sucked back into the American/Canadian rat race.

Paul said...

We had the same experience, her sort of "stream of consciousness" writing was great. We kept checking back for months for updates. Guess they just went back home. I don't think her husband was as enthusiastic as she was about moving.
Paul

Anonymous said...

Here is a blog from a couple I have met in town and they have two kids here that are school aged.

Life's a Beach

Anonymous said...

Hola from sunny Playa del Carmen! We are alive and well and raising our three kids in Mexico!! Allie already gave you the link to my blog, thanks Allie. There are loads of ex-pats with kids here. Many do not adjust well and return state-side. Others. like us, settle in easily and just build a new kind of life. I would love to hear where you are in your process! FYI - I found you through Theresa in Merida's blog.