Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sore feet

My feet hurt tonight.  I guess that's what you get when you wear high heeled boots all day at work and then wear them to school for another 4 hours.  In the end, you've had a very long day and have sore feet.

It's raining here today.  We've got 5 feet of snow piled up along the driveway, and it's pouring rain.  Let's hope our basement hasn't decided to leak this year.  I'm so DONE with winter.  BRING ON SPRING PLEASE!!!!!  It seems the older I get, the more I dislike winter and everything that goes along with it.  I don't ski, snowboard or partake in any other winter outdoor activity.  I'm a spring, summer, fall kinda girl.  Even fall is pushing the envelope for me.  

I emailed a friend of mine who is a travel agent and asked her to keep an eye open for any seat sales to Mazatlan.  Airfare for 4 of us is going to cost over $3000.00 CAD, so we need a seat sale.  Why oh why is it so expensive????  I know...  don't answer that.  I used to work for Canadian Airlines before they went belly up and were absorbed by the monstrous Air Canada.  Believe it or not, I was a ramp rat.  I loaded and unloaded planes, did the de-icing, marshalled the planes around the tarmac - yes I was the person with the headset and the big glowing orange lights waving them around like a lunatic.  That was me.  The best part about the job was that I worked with over 100 men, and I was single at the time.  It was a great 5 years...  And!  I was in the best physical shape of my life!  Oh, and we flew around for practically nothing.  Yup, airline employees fly for ridiculously low, low prices.  So imagine this short, little thing (I'm only 5 feet tall) slugging your luggage around.  I'm sure that makes you feel great about checking your valuables all packed away nicely in your suitcases.  (Honest.  We were careful.)

I've been listening to my spanish cd's and I'm actually learning!  Well, to be quite frank, I pick up languages very easily.  Math is another story.  But languages and me are friends.  I'm enjoying it too.  It's amazing how similar it is to french.  Verb conjugation is almost identical except the endings are different.  That's one of the reasons learning spanish isn't much of a problem for me.  I'm bilingual (french and english) and spanish and french are really very close. So, voila!  

At this point I'm just rambling, but I'm in a rambling sort of mood today.  And I just remembered that I forgot to pick up the newsletters that I had printed last night.  I write the newsletter for our greyhound adoption group.  I was supposed to pick it up, fold them, stuff them in envelopes and mail them out tomorrow.  Oops...  Sorry greyhound people...  It'll be a day late.




No comments: