Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saturday morning musings

I woke up this morning and thought to myself, "There must be more to life than this, shouldn't there?"

Something other than the same thing, everyday.

Today is Saturday.  We're in the middle of another snow storm.  I'm sick of it.

Today I will have to clean the house, shovel the snow, do laundry, vacuum, read for school, do homework, write a paper.  Tomorrow I'll get up and do pretty much the same thing.  Monday morning will start yet another work week.  I'll get up at 5 a.m., have a coffee and a cigarette, have a shower, do my hair, pack lunches, kiss my family good-bye for the day and head off to work.  I'll work and them come home, only to change and head out to visit my mother in the hospital. (That's a whole 'nother blog.)  Tuesday, I'll do it all again, except instead of going to the hospital, I'll drive 45 minutes to school where I'll sit through a lecture.  Wednesday - the same, except Meaghan has brownies.  Thursday - the same.  Friday  - the same but I'll be heading out to see mom. 

This can't be all that life has to offer, right?

There's so much to experience, and we're not experiencing anything!  It's a great big, beautiful world, and all we see is our own little tiny corner.  We get so caught up in our little lives that we forget to experience, learn, see, taste, hear, absorb other things.  

I'm guilty of it too; not looking past my own front door.  I'm guilty of getting stuck in a rut and not living life.  I'm trying to fix that.

I have to finish school.  I've worked so hard for so long to accomplish this.  I have to get my degree.  No question.  I want to go to teacher's college.  No question there either.  

After that?  The responsible, level-headed me says to teach for 10 years and then see what happens.  The life-loving me says to pursue my goals, and then take stock in life and see where I want to go from there.  Right now, the life-loving me is in the lead.

I was wondering if there were any Canadian insurance companies in Mexico.  Gerald is an insurance broker here in Ontario, so I wonder if that may be an avenue he could follow to Mexico.  I'll have to see if I can find any information on the internet about that.

For now, back to reality, I guess.  Back to the snow, housework and books.  


No comments: