Monday, May 19, 2008

Feels like fall in May!

About 5 yrs ago we bought a trailer, and it's parked permanently at a park about 40 minutes from home.  We love it!  It's like a vacation every weekend, and we have some great friends who camp out there as well.  We rarely ever miss a weekend between April and October.

Here in Canada it was May 2-4 weekend, or Victoria Day, or May Run weekend if you're from up north in Timmins.  I grew up calling it May Run, but none of these southern Ontario people know what I'm talking about when I call it that.  Whatever you call it, it's a long weekend, and who doesn't appreciate a long weekend and an extra day off work!!!!

Anyway, I actually took last Friday off and headed out a day early with Trap (the greyhound) and spent a nice quiet night curled up in bed watching tv, and a very relaxing Friday sitting out on the deck reading, before I headed back home to drop Trap off and pick up my daughter Meaghan.  Gerald didn't end up coming out until late Saturday afternoon, so Meaghan and I visited some friends.  She had a blast playing with her friends, and I had some drinks with my own girlfriends.   We discovered another drink which was really yummy - Grape juice from concentrate, Jamaican rum with ice blended in a blender.  That was one we'll be drinking this summer for sure! 

It was a great weekend, but MAN IS IT COLD!!!  It feels like fall here instead of spring or summer!  Last night the temperature went down to about 3 degrees (Celcius) and it rained all Saturday  morning, most of Sunday, and a lot of today as well.  Besides that, the wind is strong and freezing!!  I'm so envious of Cynthia and Mike as they're enjoying the warmth of Arizona on their way to DF!

On my way back out on Friday with Meaghan, we were cruising down highway 403 and a police cruiser pulled out behind me and turned his lights on.  I thought for sure that I was getting a ticket, but he cruised on by and pulled the guy who had been behind me over.  WHEW!!!  Stupid ass was driving way too fast, especially on a long weekend when you KNOW the cops are going to be out in full force patrolling the highways for speeders and drunk drivers.

All in all, it was a ton of fun.  Good drinks, great laughs and the best of friends.  Now BRING ON SUMMER DAMMIT!!!!!

1 comment:

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

It was 110F in Phoenix yesterday!!! Too hot for even the swimming pool and a record-breaking day here.