Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What's with this?

Well, here's another depressing Blog.  Hopefully the last depressing one for quite some time.

One of the secretaries down the hall called in this morning.  Her 22 year old daughter's boyfriend found her dead on the couch last night.  He left her napping there when he went to work, and when he came back she was dead, still on the couch.  She was seemingly very healthy.  i can't fathom having to bury one of my children.  It's just inconceivable.

Another secretary down the hall had a call from her husband.  A friend of theirs who was going to retire at the end of the year had a stroke and died.  He was 55.  

The world can be such a cruel, hard place.  So much sadness and tragedy.  I listened to the news on the radio this morning while I got ready for work.  Now I remember why I stopped listening to or reading the news.  It's all bad, and it's repeated every 30 minutes for your listening pleasure.

After all this, people wonder why I want to fill my life with happy things, experiences and new adventures.  

Carpe Diem, I say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Descansen en paz. Desafortunadamente, that is just life. Too sad to hear that people died, especially when we know them. Acceptance to death is what we need and celebrate it with respect.

Hope your Spanish lessons are going well. I learned English (a language that doesn't make sense) and do it very well. You will learn Spanish language and will know how much more sense it makes as a language. Besides, it is a beautiful language.

Good luck in your move to Mexico.

Alfredo.