Thursday, April 3, 2008

A plan for summer

Well, I think we may have a plan for this summer.

Hubby kind of wants to wait until winter, but I'm thinking more along the lines of "why not both".  (I haven't told him that yet though)

I'm hoping we can get to Playa del Carmen for a week, maybe around the beginning of July. Playa is one of the places that I want to investigate as a possible future home.  I'm still really excited about Mazatlan, but as I've complained about ad nauseum before, the cost of flying to Mazatlan from here is just not in the budget at the moment.  

I was looking for places to rent on the internet, and the Plantation House in Playa is exactly what we're looking for!  I'm not really interested in the modern "american" looking condos.  Nope.  Not for me.  One of the things that I really like about Mexico is the "Mexican feeling".  In my opinion, you just miss out on that in these new high rise condos. 

 There will probably be 5 of us going.  Hubby and I, daughter and son, and his friend.  The boys will both have graduated from high school this June, so I think they'll really enjoy this.  Besides, my son's friend who will likely be going with us is moving away this summer, and so this will be a nice time for the two of them share before he goes.

We probably wont have a bunch of money left to spend on touristy things either, but I'm more interested in checking out centro, seeing what's around within the city, and experiencing Mexico in the summer to see if Gerald and Meaghan will find the heat to be too much in area.

July seems like such a long, long way off.............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have walked by Plantation House a bunch of times and it reminds me of the houses in the Caymans. It's right in the middle of stuff (but on the beach, too) so it should be a nice and convenient place to stay. Hans and I would love to meet up with you guys just to say "hi" while you're in town!

Theresa in Mèrida said...

I don't know about Playa but here in Merida, July is when it starts to cool down. The (almost) daily rains start then and the afternoons are very pleasant. It's April and May that are the worse months. We don't have ac but if I go outside in the heat and then go back inside, I can tell the difference immediately.
regards,
Theresa