Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A slight change in the plan

My almost 18 year old son, has CHOSEN to go to summer school this year.  Chosen.  I never mentioned a thing about it.  He's graduating this year, but decided to return to high school for an extra year before going to university so that he can bring some of his marks up and take some extra classes.

Have I mentioned how incredibly proud I am of him?  Well, I am.  He's such a great kid.

So how does this change our plans?  Well, I had originally wanted to head to Playa in July for our week's vacation, but he'll be in summer school, so now we're looking at August.

I spoke to the owner (via email) of the Plantation House in Playa, and she seems like such an interesting and really nice person!  I can't wait to meet her this summer!

We're all looking forward to this trip.  For one thing, this will likely be the last "family" trip we take for quite some time.  With Mike getting older and university on the horizon for him, taking family trips is inevitably going to get lower and lower on his list of things to do.  For Ger and I, it will be a small taste of what life in Mexico would be like away from the big resorts.  And for Meaghan, it will be her first plane ride, her first trip away from Canada (except for crossing the border into New York).  I can't wait to watch her experience everything!

Bring on Playa!!!!!

1 comment:

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Beth - congrats on raising a fine son...your beach will still be there later in the summer.